The only review they do of the dentists they refer is of the money they are likely paid to refer them. I called needing a referral to a dentist for an emergency extraction.

I called the office in advance and inquired as to the total cost of the procedure. When I got there I reconfirmed the cost. The problems started with the X-rays. For an emergency extraction it is customary to take an xray of the tooth that needs to be extracted.

THEY PERFORMED AN ENTIRE MOUTH XRAY. This is not only extra cost but extra exposure to radiation. After the X-ray the dentist sat down to talk to me all of one minute and then sent me back to the waiting room where they asked me for the money to be paid in advance of the procedure. The bill was $125 more than the original price they had given me.

When I pointed out the error they said that the $125 was for the extraction and that the other quote only included x-rays and the "consultation." So they were charging $100 for the one second the dentist sat down to talk to me. I didn't need a consultation or a full mouth series - I needed an extraction. I did not have the $125 they failed to include in the quote. So I left in agony and short $300 for a full mouth series I didn't need and a consultation I didn't need.

The dentist would not budge in this consultation charge and send me home with an infection in my mouth and in complete agony. I will NEVER use 1800DENTIST again. I tried calling over and over again re my negative experience and was told someone named Mimi will get back to me.

No one ever did. Use them at your own peril.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 22, 2014.

Comments